I grew up going to Long Beach Island, New Jersey each summer. My dad taught my sister and I how to surf almost as soon as we could walk. He used to take us out and push us into waves, with my worried mother sitting on the beach. Growing up my sister and I were always really competitive and always tried to catch the better wave. To this day, we all still surf together as a family and travel to different places such as Hawaii and Puerto Rico. The sport has bonded us together and strengthened our relationship. It is wonderful to spend time in nature with my family.
The past few summers I have really gotten into surfing. I traveled to
contests along the coast with friends. Each contest improves my surfing and strengthens my bonds with my friends.
Surfing has strengthened my love for nature and my love for God. Whenever I am out surfing, I become enchanted by God's gift of nature. My worries about crew, school, or friends fade away when I am out surfing because I know God is near. Surfing has strengthened my relationship with God.
No comments:
Post a Comment