Monday, November 11, 2013

Mission Statement

Entering the Mount as a freshman, I was worried and nervous about what other people thought of me. I based my style and goals on whatever everyone else was wearing or doing just because I wanted to fit in. However, after years and years of trying to impress people, I discovered it does not even work and it is certainly not what is making me happy. People change their opinions and not everyone is going to be happy with me all of the time. I was striving for something that did not exist. I decided to change my ways, I decided to be an outcast. The Mount has taught me to be independent. I strive to continue to be this way, to be who I am and say what I feel. I am not going to try to impress anyone anymore. I will focus on my own goals and not care what other people think of me. Because life is too short to belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment